Dill Leaves is a herb which is popularly known as Sabsige Soppu in Kannada, Sowa in Hindi, and Sathakuppa in Tamil. Dill leaves have a strong aroma and are used in the preparation of soups, pickles and curries.
Who doesn’t like sabsige soppu recipes? They are available all over the year and make a great addition to many dishes. This Sabsige Soppu palya recipe is a very easy and simple stir fry.
If you are looking for a healthy recipe that doesn’t require any other vegetables, Dal and less cooking time then don’t forget about this dish.
Recipe to prepare Sabsige Soppu Palya / Dill leaves curry:
Discover how to prepare this curry at home by following the step-by-step procedure detailed below:
Sabsige Soppu Palya Recipe
This Sabsige Soppu Palya recipe is a very easy and simple stir fry. Read ahead to know more on the cooking process,
- Prep Time5 min
- Cook Time10 min
- Perform Time15 min
- Total Time30 min
Items or Ingredients Required to Prepare Sabsige Soppu Palya
- 1 small bunch/ 250grams of cleaned Sabsige Soppu / Dill Leaves
- Green Chillies
- Gram Flour
- Black Mustard
- Curry Leaves
- 2 Teaspoon Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 glass of water
Cleaning of Sabsige Soppu / Dill Leaves
- Separate the thin stem and Dill leaves from the leaf bunch and discard the thick ones
- Cut the leaves as thin as possible
- Take the chopped leaves in a colander and wash it under running water (One can also first wash the leaves by rinsing them under running water and then cut)
Steps to Prepare Sabsige Soppu Palya Recipe:
- In a Pan or a Kadai, heat 2 teaspoons of oil
- Once the oil is heated, add Sasive/ Black Mustard and let it splutter
- Add 3-4 Green Chillies (Add depending upon your spicy intake level)
- Next add Curry Leaves, ½ teaspoon Turmeric, Asafoetida, Peanuts and saute on the low flame
- Now add the cleaned Sabsige Soppu/ Dill leaves and saute well
- Add salt to taste
- Add water until the leaves are completely soaked
- Let it boil completely (Usually it takes around 4-5minutes)
- Add 2 tablespoons of Gram Flour and stir well so that there will be no lumps formed (One can also mix the Gram Flour in a bowl with a few spoons of water and then add this mixture into Kadai to avoid lumps)
- Adjust the consistency by mixing water if needed
- Let it boil for another 1-2 minutes
- Finally, enjoy Sabsige Soppu Palya/ Dill Leaves Curry with Steam Rice, Chapathi, Jowar Roti or Akki Roti
Benefits of Sabsige Soppu or Dill Leaves:
- Adding this green leafy vegetable to your regular diet results in better health for every individual. It is proven that consuming the Dill Leaves once a week or two reduces the risk of heart stroke and heart attack.
- Sabsige Soppu also prevents cancer.
- It acts as an antioxidant and reduces the high cholesterol levels in the body, thus bringing down the triglycerides level as well.
- It nourishes the hair and promotes weight loss.
- Consuming the mixture of Dill Leaves and Lemon as juice in smaller amounts everyday morning is an effective remedy to normalize the thyroid levels in the body.
- It helps the women who are breastfeeding.
- The other benefits are improvement in eye vision, augment skin, boost immune functions, treat digestive anomalies, remedy sleep problems, fortifying bone health, relieving respiratory infections, regulation of hormonal balance, and enhancing reproductive health.